Understanding the End of the Age Part 1
The Importance of Bible Prophecy
Sunday, October 24, 2021
I.Understanding the End Times
A.Understanding the End of the Age
1. (Matt. 24:1-3) Jews, Israel, Jerusalem, the Temple, the rapture, the Anti-Christ, the Great Tribulation etc.
2. (1 Thess. 4:13-18; 5:1-11 all NLT) understanding, comfort and encouragement.
B. The Importance of Bible Prophecy
1. (2 Pet. 1:16-21 KJV) Bible prophecy is more sure than physical experience.
a. (Amos 3:7)
~(Gen. 6:13; 18:17) God told Noah and Abraham to prepare for departure.
~God told the major and minor prophets of the birth, life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. He told them details of the birth, rise, fall, and restorations of Israel.
b. (Rev. 1:3; 22:6-7, 12-21)
2. Five truths about Bible Prophecy
a. The only One who can predict the future with absolute certainty is the One who controls it or some who is a direct representative of the One who controls it.
b. God gives us prophecy to warn unbelievers and inform, comfort and encourage believers.
c. Prophecy gives us the assurance that all the Bible is true.
d. The Bible and the Christian faith have no rival that can help us understand the future.
e. Confirmation of the Bible’s truth depends on the truth of its prophetic writings.
3. (Dan. 9:1-6; Jer. 25:11-12) Daniel prays for Israel because of what he read in the book of Jeremiah.
a. (Dan. 9:20-27) Daniel’s seventy week’s prophecy is one of the most important and profound prophecies in Scripture.
~70 weeks (7) of years = 490 years
~(Ezra 1:1-2; Neh. 2:17-18) March 14, 445 B.C.
~(Luke 19:37-44) Jesus’ triumphal entry – Palm Sunday April 6, 32 A.D.
~7 weeks (7) of years = 49 years
62 weeks (7) of years = 434 years
49 + 434 = 483 years
~Jewish calendar of 360 days x 483 years = 173,880 days
March 14, 445 B.C. – April 6, 32 A.D. = 173,880 day or 483 years.
~490 – 483 = 7 years left (Great Tribulation)
b. (Matt. 24:21-22; Dan. 12:1) 7 year tribulation
[Pastor Lee Stokes]