Salt and Light Part 2
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
I. Salt and Light
A. Salt and Light (review)
1. (Matt. 5:13-16) We are the salt and light of the world.
2. (2 Cor. 11:3-4, 13-15) Satan always appears as an angel of light not an angel of darkness!
a. (v15) these ministers hijack God’s words like “love,” and don’t discriminate, can’t offend, compassion, “marriage equality” etc.
3.(Isa. 14:12-14) The fall of Lucifer.
4. (ref. Gen. 2 & 3) The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (Law) vs. the Tree of Life (Jesus).
a.(2 Cor. 3:6-7 NIV; Gal. 3:10-14; Rom. 7:9-11)
B. The Four Leavens
1. Satan has always used the Law and legalism to entrap, ensnare and destroy humanity. He has always perverted government to oppress, suppress and enslave the righteousness.
a.(ref. Exo. 1:8-10) Egyptians enslave Israelites
b.(ref. Exo. 1:15-16) king of Egypt
c.(ref. Dan. 3:9-12) King Nebuchadnezzar/3 boys
d. (ref. Dan. 6:7) Daniel cast in lion’s den.
e. (ref. Esther 3:8-9) Haman and King Ahasuerus
f. King Herod attempted to have baby Jesus killed
g. John the Baptist and Jesus killed by government
h. (Hos. 8:1-4 NLT) Israel harvests the political seeds they’ve sown.
2. The four leavens Jesus spoke about.
a.(Mk. 8:15) leaven of the Pharisees and Herod.
~(Luke 12:1) leaven of the Pharisees-hypocrisy
~Leaven of Herod (politics and P.C.)
b. (1 Cor. 5:6-8; Rev. 2:14) Leaven of sexual perversion.
c.(Matt. 13:33) Leaven of the Kingdom
[Pastor Lee Stokes]