Characteristics of True Believing Part 4
Looking Only to Jesus 3
Sunday, November 20, 2022
I. Characteristics of Bible Believing
A. True Believing Looks Only to Jesus
1. Foundation text: (Mark 9:19-24, 28-29 NLT) “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.”
a. “Looking Only to Jesus” means to focus on and believe in your heart who Jesus is, His love for you, what He has accomplished at the cross, and His word over any circumstances, past experiences, symptoms, conditions, physical evidence, opinions, expertise or authorities.
2. Looking to Jesus and not our works or doings.
a. (John 6:24-29) …after feeding the 5,000 men and walking on the water.
~(Rom. 10:9-10 AMP)
3. Sometimes we as WOF or WOG people unknowingly look to our works or doings and not Jesus.
a. (John 5:19, 30; 12:49, 50) Jesus only said and did what the Father told Him to say and do.
~(Matt. 9:27-30) Jesus touched their eyes, saying
~(Mark 8:22-25) spit and put his hands
~(Luke 18:40-42) Jesus spoke to him.
~(John 9:6-7) spit, made clay, go wash in Siloam
4. (Mark 11:11-15) The cursed barren fig tree is a parable.
a. (ref. Hos. 9; Matt. 24; Luke 13) the fig tree represents Israel.
b. (Mark 11:20-24) Faith is believing in God and not in our faith or a formula.
5. Speaking to the mountain doesn’t move it. It’s the believing behind the speaking moves it! Does confessing your righteousness make you more righteous?
a. (Matt. 12:33-35; 15:17-20)
[Pastor Lee Stokes]