Building Life on the Right Foundation Part 6
Man’s God-Given Purpose
Sunday, May 14, 2023
I. Building Life on the Right Foundation
A. Man’s Priority and Position
1. Where are the Real Men?
a. (ref. Luke 6:43-49) the foundation you build your life on determines the fruit that your life produces.
2. (Gen. 2:5-8 CSB) Adam and God in the garden of Eden
a. Priority means that man was formed first in order to be the foundation of the human family.
b. Position means that man is to remain continually in God’s presence. Without this man cannot function in God’s purposes.
B. Man’s God-Given Purpose
1. God’s purpose for creating mankind was to extend His heavenly kingdom, family, influence and dominion in the earth. (ref. Gen. 1:26-28)
2. Purpose is the God-given assignment, function or tasks that God created the man to fulfill.
a.(Prov. 19:21 AMP; Eccl. 3:11 AMP)
~Purpose can only be determined by the maker
~Purpose determines design.
~Purpose precedes production.
~Life without purpose is an experiment.
3. (Gen. 2:15) abad – to work, to cultivate, to tend, to worship; samar – to keep, to guard, to protect
(Eccl. 2:24 AMP) work is good and necessary, a blessing from God because it exposes your potential and allows to express who you are and bring fulfillment.
(Prov. 18:16) what God calls, He equips
a. Cultivator – means to make something grow and produce a greater yield; to make something fruitful, to develop into perfection. This involves creativity and effort.
b. Provider – provide comes from a Latin word that means to see ahead.
c. Visionary – dreams, sees what can’t yet be seen; to conceive of and move toward your purpose.
~(Prov. 29:18 KJV)
~(Jer. 29:11-13 NIV)
d. Protector – Satan is present to kill, steal & destroy.
4. (Gen. 2:16-17) God’s Word must be the man’s final authority.
a. Leader – leadership is birth out of vision. Man should be the spiritual leader because he has vision from God regarding his purpose.
~Characteristics of a leader: strong, courageous, disciplined, wisdom, obedience, humble, servant.
b. Teacher – man was responsible for teaching his wife what God said.
5. (Gen. 2:18-20) God identified man’s need for help while he was working naming everything God brought him.