Update From Destiny
July 29, 2020
Dear Destiny Church Family,
It’s a good thing that the Church is not a building. The Bible tells us how important it is to gather together and we look forward to returning to church again as soon and safely as we can.
But even when we haven’t been able to come to church, God has used this time to bring us together as the Church in love and service toward one another and our community.
We’re all looking forward to the day the building doors are open once again, but the time isn’t now. Our church will not reopen yet, but here’s what we are doing.
- We’ve assembled a team of people from our church who works in healthcare and a few other fields to help us monitor the COVID-19 situation in our area and guide us in making a wise, safe reopening plan when the time is right.
- We’re keeping in touch with other churches in the area, including those who have reopened their buildings and learned a few lessons along the way.
- We continue to operate our online services, virtual small groups, Marriage on the Rock, Financial Peace, as we continue to serve and give by sharing Jesus.
As we meet with our reopening task force and stay on the top of CDC recommendations, the health and safety of our congregation is at the forefront of our minds.
This is some of the criteria that guide our decision.
- We need to see fewer coronavirus cases in our areas.
- We need defined safety measures and new safety equipment.
- We will weigh how the timing of our reopening affects our public witness.
Until our criteria are met, we’ll continue with our online services and virtual ministry. Please continue to check your email and Website, App, YouTube and Facebook for Destiny updates.
At Destiny, we are a family that can make it through anything together because the God of hope
guides us through uncertain times. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything. We’re praying for you and we’ll see you online!
Pastors Lee & Shonia Stokes